General Members: All trekking agencies registered with the Government of Nepal (GoN) can apply for the general membership of Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN). TAAN levies a fee of Rs 12,000 for general membership which has to be nenewed every year by paying renewal fee of Rs 25,00. Interested companies are required to submit following documents:
- Official request letter in the letter pad of the agency signed by the key person and with stamp.
- License to operate trekking business issued by the Department of Tourism (DoT) under the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation
- Business registration certificate issued by the Department of Small and Cottage Industries.
- PAN/VAT Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Incorporation of Company issued by the Office of the Company Registrar.
- License issued by the Nepal Rastra Bank for foreign exchange transactions.
- Citizenship certificate of owner/chief executive of the agency and recent photograps of shareholders
TAAN executive committee will approve the membership after going through the documents.